Use these notes to carry out a flash upgrade.
- Copy the firmware image file to a suitable TFTP server.
- Login to the unit as "manager".
- Goto the "Up/Download Configuration" screen (1.1.6).
- Select the following, using the '<' and '>' keys to cycle through the options:
Transfer mode: FLASH Transfer operation: Download Remote TFTP server: <your server's IP address> Remote configuration file name: <your filename>
- Select 'Y' at the "Accept" prompt.
Your unit will now begin to transfer the file into its memory and then re-program the flash with
the new firmware. During TFTP download the LED's will move from left to right and then back again.
During Flash programming the "ATTN" LED will flash quickly. Once the unit has been re-programmed
it will automatically reboot.
DO NOT POWER CYCLE THE UNIT UNTIL THE RE-PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE.
If the TFTP download fails then the message "Download failed, restarting normally."
then please check the following:
- The correct filename and path name of the TFTP file has been specified.
- Reboot your unit and re-try. The firmware may not have been able to allocate enough memory
for the file to be transferred to.
- If you have more than 8 async ports installed then you will need to go to the
"SYSTEM PARAMETERS" menu (1,1,1) and set the "Number of channels" to 8 then reboot.
After the update you can reset this value back to its previous value.