Perle’s Ethernet I/O technology (IOLAN DS I/O Device Servers) enables comprehensive access and control of remote digital I/O, analog I/O, pulse I/O, relays and temperature sensors as well as connections of remote serial equipment on any IP network. The IOLAN DS I/O has the ability to monitor environmental alarms, intrusion detection, relay contact closures and equipment failure. Through remote operator or application control, opening and closing of integrated relay contacts or activation of digital output signals can be incorporated into any response of a critical event.
Management, Monitoring and Control of High-Value Distributed I/O Assets
- The monitoring and protection of high-value distributed I/O assets and access to its data. This also involves the protection and control of the physical environment along with the ability to take corrective action when necessary. Digital and analog sensors, proximity and mechanical switches, relays, pushbuttons, temperature and humidity sensors can assist in determining the integrity of the asset’s local environment. Information from these sent back to a central support location over a network can help an enterprise react more quickly to an important event or failure.
Why IOLAN DS I/O Device Servers are the preferred choice:
- Universal Digital I/O, Analog input, RTD/Thermocouple temperature sensor input and EIA/RS-232/422/485 offer flexibility for a wide range of applications
- Digital I/O Extension provides a cable replacement solution by transmitting digital input signals to a remote output peer over an IP/ Ethernet network
- Models with AES or 3DES encryption are also available
- Attached I/O devices can be Modbus UID addressable for operational compatibility
- Plug & Play installation utility eliminates configuration hassles for all IOLAN’s on your IP network
- Advanced event management using Syslog, and SNMP V3 event notification
- Central management capabilities via a Perle Device Manager for Windows
- Access IOLAN DS units using common web browsers or command line interface
- Software Development Kit available to develop powerful custom applications
Access I/O Devices over Ethernet using Popular Central Applications
An IOLAN I/O Device Server is ideal for remote I/O management using common SCADA or OPC Servers using Modbus/TCP protocol as well as Network Management Systems ( NMS) utilizing SNMP.
Flexible and Reliable COM/TTY Access to Ethernet I/O
An IOLAN I/O Device Server is ideal for connecting COM/TTY based applications such as Modbus ASCII/RTU to remote I/O devices. Perle’s TruePort re-director provides COM port or fixed TTY connections across an IP network.
An Application Program Interface ( API ) is also available so that custom applications can be developed to access distributed I/O channels attached to remote IOLAN I/O Device Servers. Common serial applications such as Visual Basic can be used to send IOLAN API commands to remote IOLAN I/O Device Servers across an IP network. This API is available for the most popular operating systems today.
The IOLAN DS I/O device server connects to a wide variety of distributed I/O devices.
For examples click here.
Universal I/O on IOLAN I/O Device Servers provides flexibility when used across a wide array of environments. Individual digital channels can be configured as either inputs or outputs. Analog Inputs can support a broad range of voltage or current type devices including industrial grade temperature sensors such as thermocouples and RTDs.
Models with integated solid state relays can be used to control remote contact closures.
Automated response to alarm conditions
IOLAN DS I/O Device Servers have the capability of measuring input conditions and intelligently alerting enterprise resources such as central TCP/IP based applications, Syslog or SNMP. By instantly generating alerts when pre-defined threshold levels have been exceeded, alarm notifications can be passed along when needed. This eliminates the packet based overheads associated with polled environments.
Rugged Industrial-Grade Design
Compact and protective metal enclosure for wall mount or DIN rail mounting environments. Industrial grade unit protection is provided though optical isolation of I/O channels of 2000 Vrms, Ethernet isolation of 1500 Vrms, open/short detection logic on RTD/Thermocouple inputs and 15,000 volts electrostatic discharge protection across all serial pins.
Advanced IP Technology
With support for Next Generation IP (IPv6) the IOLAN range provides organizations with investment protection to meet this rapidly growing standard.
Demand for IPv6, which is compatible with IPv4 addressing schemes, is driven by the need for more IP address. With the implementation and rollout of advanced cellular networks, a robust method is needed to handle the huge influx of new IP addressable devices on the Internet. In fact, the US Department of Defense has mandated that all equipment purchased be IPv6 compatible. In addition, all major Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix and Solaris, as well as routers, have built-in support for IPv6.
It is therefore important for end users and integrators to select networking equipment that incorporates the IPv6 standard. The IOLAN line with support for IPv6 already built in, is the best choice in serial to Ethernet technology.
The Perle IOLAN DS is backed by the best service and support in the industry including Perle’s unique lifetime warranty. Since 1976 Perle has been providing its customers with networking products that have the highest levels of performance, flexibility and quality.