One-Stop Shopping for Conversion Hardware
If you want to link copper to fiber networks, convert serial data signals to Ethernet, or extend Ethernet over coax or copper wiring, keep reading – you are in the right place! Perle Systems, an industry leader since 1976, provides solutions for a wide variety of applications.
Fiber to Ethernet Converters use a copper transceiver to transform the signal from a UTP / RJ45 Ethernet link to one that can be used by a fiber optic transceiver. These Media Converters are used to enable connections of UTP copper-based Ethernet equipment to various optical fiber cable such as multimode, single mode, or single strand fiber. The benefits include, extending Ethernet links over greater distances, protecting data from noise and interference, and future proofing a network with additional bandwidth capacity.
- Link 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1G, 2.5G or 10G Copper to Multimode or Single Mode fiber
- Supports Dual Fiber and Single Fiber (SX, FX, LX, EX, ZX, BX) connections and data transmission
- Operate in managed or unmanaged environments
A Serial to Ethernet Converter connects devices with RS232, RS422, or RS485 serial interfaces to a local area network for transmission of serial data over wired or wireless Ethernet. By converting serial data signals into Ethernet (TCP or UDP) packets, and vice versa, they enable reliable data transmission to other devices or network server applications. This is accomplished by encapsulating the serial data in Ethernet packets in a manner that best fits the type of data being transported. With a physical wired or wireless (LTE or WiFi) Ethernet network connection on one side, and one or more serial ports on the other side, Serial to Ethernet Converters are designed to ensure that when you access attached devices over a network the connection operates as if you are locally connected to the serial port with a direct cable connection.
- Replace serial cabling with Ethernet but maintain the use of devices that were active on the serial network
- Set-up virtual COM ports to connect PC or Servers to remote serial devices over Ethernet
- Communicate to multiple serial devices at the same time across a network
- Replace existing serial dial-up modem connections
- Manage the serial console port on servers, routers, switches, PBX’s, firewalls, etc... over Ethernet or through out-of-band connections
- Connect serial PLCs or serial signage equipment to Ethernet
Ethernet Extenders, also known as LAN Extenders or Network Extenders, enable the transmission of data beyond 100m (328ft) -- the general maximum cable length for copper Ethernet cables. The benefit of using an Ethernet Extender is that you can use single twisted pair (CAT5/6/7/8), coax, or any existing copper wiring previously previously used in alarm circuits, E1/T1 circuits, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CCTV or CATV applications.
- Extend network distances up to 20 km (12 miles)
- High-Speed: up to 200+ mbps aggregate bandwidth
- Options for operation in Unmanaged or Secure Managed Networks
- Transparent operation for all Ethernet protocols including 802.1Q VLAN packets, and IP video compression schemes