Serial to Ethernet Converters / Adapters
Perle’s serial-Ethernet converters (commonly referred to
as Terminal Servers or Device Servers) connect serial based
equipment across an Ethernet network enabling you to do
such things as:
- Cable replacement using serial-Ethernet
- Have virtual COM ports connect PC/servers
to remote serial devices over Ethernet
- Communicate to multiple serial devices at the same time across a network
- Use serial-Ethernet to replace existing serial dial-up modem connections
- Manage the serial console port on remote equipment
(Servers, routers, switches, PBX’s, etc) over Ethernet
or through out of band connections
- Use serial-Ethernet to connect serial PLCs to Ethernet
- Connect serial signage equipment over Ethernet with serial-Ethernet adapters
With the broadest choice of full featured Serial to Ethernet solutions available, Perle
has the right product to meet your RS232
to Ethernet or RS485
to Ethernet conversion project.
Converting Data from Serial to Ethernet
Serial data sent and received on serial ports on the serial
to Ethernet adapter are encapsulated in Ethernet packets
in a manner that best fits the type of data being transported.
line of IOLAN serial to Ethernet adapters are extremely
flexible and can match your specific application requirements.
Described below are just some of the possibilities.
Learn more about Serial over Ethernet
Solutions and Terminology