Perle Maintenance Agreement
This Maintenance Agreement applies to Perle Product serviced in the United States of America and Canada. The "Perle Product" is defined as:
- All Perle Terminal, Serial, Device, Console Server products, the Perle Remote Power Switch and Perle developed software.
- All Perle Ethernet I/O Device Server products and Perle developed software.
Throughout this Maintenance Agreement, "Perle" means Perle Systems Limited. Throughout this Maintenance Agreement, "Purchaser" means the original end-user purchaser.
Express Replacement (ER) - Under a maintenance agreement, Perle will provide on an exchange basis modular parts or replacement equipment shipped prepaid to the purchaser site. The Purchaser will prepay all shipping and insurance costs to the Perle Depot for the parts being returned. Hotline technical support is available free of charge Monday to Friday (except holidays) between 9am and 5pm EST to anyone with a valid Express Replacement maintenance agreement. Check Availabilty
Perle agrees to provide for Purchaser maintenance services for the equipment identified, at the Service Level, and for the term indicated on each Equipment Schedule. If the Perle Product fails during normal and proper use within the Maintenance Agreement period, Perle will, at its option, repair or replace the unit. Repair parts provided under this Agreement may be new, reconditioned or used. This Maintenance Agreement does not include service to repair damage from improper installation, accident, disaster, misuse, abuse or non-Perle Authorized Service Provider modifications made to the Perle Product.
Service Claim Requirements
The Purchaser service claims made pursuant to this Agreement must conform to the following requirements:
Express Replacement Service
- Express Replacement maintenance agreements purchased with a new Perle product becomes valid upon acceptance of the customers web site registration .
- Express Replacement maintenance agreements purchased on a used Perle product becomes valid 30 days after the acceptance of the customers web site registration .
- The Purchaser must request information on how to obtain maintenance service by contacting the Perle Technical Assistance Center.
- Upon confirmation that Service is required, Perle or a Perle Authorized Service Provider will ship prepaid via express service modular parts or replacement equipment on an exchange basis to the Purchaser at a location within the country of original purchase.
- Shipments are made between 9am and 5pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- The Purchaser must within 15 days ship prepaid the replaced modular parts or replacement equipment in the packaging received with the exchange modular parts or replacement equipment to the Perle Depot. The packaging must be clearly marked with the RMA code provided. Perle reserves the right to charge the Purchaser and the Purchaser agrees to pay for replacement modular parts or replacement equipment that is not returned as described above.
Any upgrade(s) purchased by the Purchaser for the equipment shall be reported to Perle in writing, to have the upgrade(s) added to the Equipment Schedule for the affected equipment. A revised Equipment Schedule will be completed and issued by Perle to Purchaser, including charges for the additional coverage to the end of the next Anniversary date.
Purchaser shall notify Perle in writing prior to the relocation of equipment, so that Perle can determine if services are available for the new location and adjust its service records, including the Equipment Schedule, for the relocated equipment. Perle will notify Customer if it is unable to provide services in the new location, or if any additional charges may apply. A revised Equipment Schedule will be completed and issued by Perle to include any additional charges to the end of the next Anniversary date.
This Agreement is non-transferable by the Purchaser to a third party, and may not be assigned without first obtaining written approval from Perle.
Exclusions from Agreement
The following items are specifically excluded from this agreement:
- Purchaser-requested replacement of parts or equipment and on-site service for which the trouble found is not the fault of the original equipment. Such service(s) will be invoiced to the Purchaser as an additional charge.
- Installation, de-installation, or relocation of the equipment.
Purchaser will prepay Perle the lessor of the full amount or twelve (12) months of services to be provided under this Agreement for each item of equipment, prior to the effective date shown on the corresponding Equipment Schedule. Purchaser will also pay taxes applicable to the service provided under this Agreement for each item of equipment. If prepaid services are terminated, Purchaser will receive a pro-rated refund only for the unused prepaid services beyond the first six (6) months. Any changes in charges will take effect on the anniversary of the Agreement.
Express Replacement Coverage Available in United States and Canada
|Perle Product Line||United States and Canada|
|Perle 1, 2 and 4 port IOLAN Terminal/Device/Console Servers||ER|
|Perle 8, 16, 24 and 32 port IOLAN Terminal/Device/Console Servers||ER|
|Perle IOLAN I/O Device Servers||ER|
|Perle Remote Power Switch||ER|
Table 1- Perle Product Service Availability
Term and Termination
For Express Replacement Service Level Options, this Agreement and the service(s) provided under this agreement is for the initial period indicated on the corresponding equipment schedule for each item of equipment and will commence on the effective date shown on the corresponding Equipment Schedule(s). The term will automatically renew on the Anniversary date unless terminated under the provisions of the Agreement.
Either party may terminate this Agreement for any item(s) of equipment, at any time, upon sixty (60) days' written notice to the other party.
Perle may terminate this Agreement or suspend its performance hereunder for any item(s) of equipment at any time after the effective date, if the Purchaser fails to make payment when due or fails to perform or observe any other conditions of this Agreement.
Perle shall not be deemed to be in default of any provisions of this Agreement or liable for any delay, failure in performance, or interruption of service resulting from acts of God, transportation delays, strikes, lockouts, government action, inability to obtain materials or services from suppliers, or any other force majeure beyond its reasonable control.
Perle shall provide the services under this Agreement in a workmanlike manner. Aside from the foregoing, Perle makes no representations or warranties regarding its services under this Agreement. Perle expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose regarding the services provided hereunder.
Neither Perle nor its subcontractors shall be liable for any loss of revenue, profit, property or use, or for indirect, consequential, special incidental, punitive or contingent damages or expense, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. Perle and its subcontractors' liability hereunder shall be limited to the amounts actually received by Perle hereunder. Both Perle and Purchaser agree to indemnify and hold the other harmless from any and all liability, loss or damage the other may suffer as a result of claim, demands, cost or judgments by any third party arising out of the negligence.
This Agreement shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Perle and Purchaser relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings regarding services provided. No modification of this Agreement shall be effective until confirmed in writing by Perle.