SFP to SFP Media Converters
Protocol Transparent Fiber Mode Conversion
SFP to SFP Media Converters are used to interconnect two fiber connections back to back. Because they are protocol independent, they are not limited to specific data types and can pass all protocols, including, but not limited to: Ethernet, SDI, Video, Fibre Channel, ATM/SONET OC-X, SDH STM-X, and FDDI.. Additionally, they support SFP transceivers with data rates up to 4.25 Gbps.
- Convert Multimode to Single Mode or Dual Fiber to Single Fiber (Duplex to Simplex BiDi)
- Link two Multimode networks or two Single Mode networks together
- Operate as a Wave Division Multiplexing (WDM) transponder to convert different optical signals to specific CWDM or DWDM wavelengths
- Advanced features: Smart Link Pass-Through and Fiber Fault Alert
- Industrial Fiber Mode Converter
- Two empty SFP slots
- -40°C to 75°C Operating Temperature
SFP Optical Transceivers
- For use in any Cisco or MSA SFF-8472 compliant port
- 0°C to 70°C or -40°C to +85°C operating temperatures
- Fiber Mode Converter Module
- Two empty SFP slots
- 0°C to +50°C Operating Temperature
- For use in a chassis system
Media Converter Chassis System
- 19-slot Chassis System
- Fits a standard 19” or 23” rack – 2U height
- Redundant AC or 48v DC power supplies
- For use in Managed and Unmanaged environments
Why Choose a Perle Fiber Mode Converter?
Robust Media Converter
Perle only uses high-end components from leading chip manufacturers to ensure product reliability. Perle's advanced implementation of Link Pass-Through includes an onboard processor that continuously monitors the status of the links and sends a notification if the fiber connection is broken or disconnected.
Cisco Compatible Media Converter
Perle Media Converters are compatible with Cisco switches and routers. As a key component in the reliability and stability of your network, you need dependable Media Converters with seamless interoperability.
Reliable Media Converter
Most Media Converter manufacturers do not publish (or make very difficult to find) their MTBF’s. Perle is proud to publish the high MTBF rates on the Hardware Specs for each product. In addition, we provide the best-in-class Lifetime Warranty.
Secure Media Converter
Perle Managed Media Converters support all AAA security services (TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA) used in corporate networks, as well as, SSH/SSL, SNMPv3, Telnet and HTTPS secure management sessions. And, PerleVIEW Central Management Software simplifies the configuration, administration, monitoring and troubleshooting
We have sales and technical support staff around the globe to support you. If you need help choosing the best Media Converter for your application, we provide technical consultations by phone or email. And, even though Perle Fiber Converters are extremely easy to install and configure, post sales support is easy to contact.
Perle has been providing reliable device connectivity solutions since 1976. That’s over 40 years of experience that businesses around the globe have come to trust to deliver superior connectivity technology for mission critical applications.
The quality of Protocol Independent & Rate Transparent Fiber Mode Converter that you choose will affect the uptime of your network. Choose quality products. Choose Perle.